Sunday, April 12, 2015

Health Professionals: Creating Conscience








Medicine practicers can be called egoist and interested because they work for the money, to get rich. I am not saying that all doctors are the same, there are some that are like that and are just interested in the fame and money gained. I plan to study medicine in the future but I don't I thinks I do it for the money, I mean the money is necessary to survive and have a live, so I am not saying I will not need or want the money. The money is an essential thing to survive in this world, and the humans as  selfish people is really necessary for everything. On the other side I want to become a doctor to help people get better. In my case I want to become a pediatric oncologist.

When we start to watch how people, in this case specifically doctors, choose in what they want to specialize we observe that they choose specializations, not more easy, but a little less complicated such as cardiology, gynecology, orthodontics, and others. As selfish people of course people search for what is more easy and gives more money, less for more, but what people do not understand is that there are a lot of health professionals that already practice all that and that we need more people to study other and new specializations to help in the future. In my case as I said, I want to become a pediatric oncologist. I know that being a oncologist is one of the most difficult and frustrating specializations of medicine, because in much cases you would not be able to save the patient. Even worst being a pediatric oncologist is more saddest because these are kids that are starting their life and you maybe could not save them.

I want to become a pediatric oncologist not for the fact that I will win a lot of money, it is because I would do everything that is in my hands to help the little kids that came to me almost dying and deserve to live a long life, and one without suffering or pain. From the point of view of an anthropologist I can say that people is supposed to be selfish, I mean they want what is best for themselves and their progeny and family, because their genes are what matters. But what would it be life if you just focus in yours and not everybody in the world? I believe is very important to keep helping one another so we can create a better future, without little kids suffering when they are just starting to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment